Friday, April 17, 2009

VIP Day "fun"

Wow. I seem to remember some person telling me that the week of IHC/VIP was extremely hectic, but I did not really think that the busyness would be applicable to me! How wrong I was! If one looks even slightly less than harried and harassed, than one is immediately given multiple tasks to perform within the next few minutes. I've decided to just fake the "I'm extremely busy right now! Please don't even talk to me! So much to do!" look, just so people won't give me random jobs. Especially the whole "talk to the strangers, make them feel like they belong, but don't ever tell them anything negative!" job. That one isn't very fun at all! (perhaps I'll pull some hair out of my hairstyle to create the "frazzled" appearance)
Tonight I have four "VIP'ers" staying with me in my room! (excuse me while I scream hysterically.) At least I'm working until five, although that does cut drastically my ability to spend time with my sister, "family", and youth group from church. (oh, I had better explain the whole "family" thing... ever since I moved to Idaho, I have homeschooled with another family, the Trues. So for the past six or seven years, I have spent an average of six days a week with this family [they are the music ministers at our church, so we see them on Sunday as well], in addition, we also spend most of the summers on vacation together in the same condos with adjoining rooms and all that kind of stuff. I know them so well, that I pretty much have claimed them as family, even though there is no "blood realtionship". In fact, I know them so well, that the middle boy, Andrew, has told me not to ever talk to his girlfriends, because I always have a good *insert embarrassing* story to tell about him. (hehehehe) By the way, we called our "school" the "Truely Luckey Academy" :) Sorry about that whole tangent that I went off onto for some strange reason. :) Anyway, VIP Day is loads of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment