Sunday, April 5, 2009

Donita K. Paul

I have decided to begin with the book I am reading currently. (Well, if you really must know, I am reading six books at the moment, but this series is the one I have read from most recently [as in the last hour]) DragonLight is a Christian Fantasy Fiction written by Donita K. Paul, and the conclusion of the DragonKeeper chronicles, which includes the following: DragonSpell, DragonQuest, DragonKnight, and DragonFire.

I love Christian Fantasy! Although not all of the books included in this genre are allegorical, one can usually find the parallels to one's own Christian Walk. Usually included is a battle for good against ultimate evil, which is descriptive of some of our own battles and of the war against evil (Satan) that is continually being fought. Each of the books in this series are well written and exciting. I do not have to force myself to finish these books. Although I do not care for the author's propensity to "jump" over important periods in the lives of the characters, I do not feel that this interferes with her ability to write a "finished" book. I wish that Kale's and Bardon's relationship had been covered more completely, but as this is a Junior/young adult book, I can understand the reasoning behind this omission. I would recommend these books to both children and adults. Very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment